The challenges faced by military families are often underestimated; frequent moves of home and school, having to say goodbye to friends and extended family, and the emotional strain of having a parent working in a war zone.
How Reading Force works:
- Families are encouraged to read books together, at home with each other, or while a loved one is deployed or away on training
- If separated, books can be read and chatted about via Skype and Facetime
- The whole family can get involved, as well as friends
- Families also receive Reading Force scrapbooks to fill with thoughts, photographs and drawings about the story they’re sharing, and they can enter our scrapbook competitions
Become a corporate sponsor
Become a corporate sponsor and help Reading Force support British Forces families, like the Broome family in this video.
Talking about books and stories connects families who are separated, as well as providing bonding time when together at home – this supports wellbeing, builds resilience, and creates shared memories.
- Reading Force brings Forces families closer together through shared reading
- It’s like a book club for the whole family and a way to bond and connect
Reading Force is available free of charge to ALL British military families, Army, Navy & Marines, and RAF, including Reservists and veterans.
Why we need corporate sponsorship
We are a charity and rely solely on grants and our supporters to fund the Reading Force initiative.
If you would like to be a corporate sponsor for a charity that supports British Armed Forces – choose Reading Force.
Your generosity will enable us to provide Reading Force to British Forces families.
For more details on how your organisation’s support will help us, take a look at our sponsorship booklet.