Other ways you can support Reading Force
Supporting our shared reading initiative isn’t just about donating money. Reading Force is built on the generosity of organisations and individuals who share their time, resources and expertise with us too.
We’d be delighted to hear from you if your company can help in any way. Here’s some partnership ideas:
- Donate new books for all ages to help Forces families learn and bond
- Provide gifts-in-kind for winners of our scrapbook competitions, such as theatre tickets, days out and books
- Help facilitate the production and delivery of books and scrapbooks
- Give or arrange author talks and school visits or performances
- Volunteer your facilities or services for fundraising events
- Raise awareness of Reading Force at e.g. via social media or at speaker events and exhibitions
Reading Force is proven to build children’s reading confidence and deliver a positive impact on the family’s social, emotional and mental wellbeing, whether they’re at home together, have recently moved home and school, or are separated by deployment or training.
Become an important part of their story and let us know how you can support the work we do.
“Only 17% of parents of kids aged 9-11 read aloud to their children…
…yet 83% of kids aged 6-17 say being read to is something they either loved or like a lot.”
Kids & Family Reading Report, Scholastic, 2015