Other ways you can support Reading Force
Supporting our shared reading initiative isn’t just about donating money. Reading Force is built on the generosity of organisations and individuals who share their time, resources and expertise with us too.
We’d be delighted to hear from you if your company can help in any way. Here’s some partnership ideas:
- Donate new books for all ages to help Forces families learn and bond
- Provide gifts-in-kind for winners of our scrapbook competitions, such as theatre tickets, days out and books
- Help facilitate the production and delivery of books and scrapbooks
- Give or arrange author talks and school visits or performances
- Volunteer your facilities or services for fundraising events
- Raise awareness of Reading Force at e.g. via social media or at speaker events and exhibitions
Would you like to volunteer for us?
We are always keen to work with volunteers who would like to get involved with spreading the message about Reading Force. We are pleased to equip you with sample materials and to support you. This might be in making contact with schools with which you are connected, or perhaps forthcoming opportunities to display materials at regimental or veteran events (particularly those organised pre-deployment, training or retirement).
We also run a Reading Force Research Associate Scheme. This has evolved from young people from families who enjoyed Reading Force, and wanted to stay involved.
To learn more about either of these developments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
From time to time we have vacancies to work with us. There are no current vacancies.
“Only 17% of parents of kids aged 9-11 read aloud to their children…
…yet 83% of kids aged 6-17 say being read to is something they either loved or like a lot.”
Kids & Family Reading Report, Scholastic, 2015